The OIC-CERT is open to any suitable CERT, either supported and / or funded by the government, private sector or combination thereof that is interested in sharing the objectives of the OIC-CERT.
The OIC-CERT membership consists of five primary levels which are categorized as Full Member, General Member, Professional Member, Affiliate Member and Commercial Member.
The Full Member
- Operate within OIC member state with the authority to present state interest.
- Non profit based, wholly or partly government funded.
- Have the right to vote & to stand for election to be Steering Committee.
- Application must be sponsored or recommended by one (1) existing OIC-CERT Full Member.
The General Member
Private Sectors/ NGOs/ Academia
- Other related government agencies that deals with cyber security matters;
- NGOs or Academia from the OIC member countries, that does not secure the authority of its host OIC member countries to represent the countries interests, is eligible to join as General Member of the OIC-CERT;
- Any private CERT entity from OIC-CERT state with no authority to present state interest;
The Professional Member
- Individual experts in information security area.
- The co-founders of OIC-CERT may apply to become Professional Member with an honorary status.
- Professional Members’ sole purpose is to give expert advice pertaining to the collaboration of the OIC-CERT and information security related matters.
- Sponsored by one (1) OIC-CERT Full Member.
- Observer status member, thus have no rights to vote or to stand for elections in the OIC-CERT. Professional Members will attend the AGM by invitation only.
- Annual Membership fee - USD50.
The Affiliate Member
Non-Profit Institutions of Non OIC-CERT States
- CERT/institutions from a non-OIC member country that is authorized or not authorized to represent its country cyber security interests.
- Sponsored by two (2) OIC-CERT Full members.
- Observer status member, thus have no rights to vote or to stand for elections in the OIC-CERT.
- Attend the AGM by invitation only.
The Commercial Member
- Industrial/business organization that deals with cyber security matters
- Sponsored by two (2) OIC-CERT Full Members
- Observer status member, thus have no rights to vote or to stand for elections in the OIC-CERT
- Annual Membership Fee - USD1,000
- Attend the AGM by invitation only
The OIC-CERT SC may review the continued eligibility and suitability of the OIC-CERT membership from time to time. The SC will seek inputs from the team members prior to finalizing any recommendation. If the SC considers that a team no longer meets the membership eligibility criteria, or is otherwise considered unsuitable for the OIC-CERT membership, then the SC will put a recommendation to the Full Members to revoke the team’s membership or to change the team’s membership level. Decisions to change or revoke a team’s membership or membership level are subject to approval by at least two-thirds of a quorum of Full Members.